Welcome to my blog, or welcome back, as the case may be. This month, I finally unveiled the actual title of the upcoming picture book previously known only as “SVT,” shared the amazing animation that my publisher put together for The Day-Glo Brothers, and decided which booksellers to link to from my site — then quickly changed my mind. Here’s a bit of what else you’ll find in the archives.
- Beyond the Big Idea: a five-part tutorial geared toward young readers about how to track down more information on a subject covered in a nonfiction book
- Original Manuscript: What-nik?!?: A short story, told from the perspective of a professional-wrestling-crazy American boy, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Soviet launch of Sputnik
- Project: The Day-Glo Brothers: Collected posts about my first book, a nonfiction picture book to be published by Charlesbridge in July 2009
- Project: Shark Vs. Train: Collected posts about my second book, a thoroughly ridiculous picture book to be published by Little, Brown in 2010
- Project: Pasta: Collected posts about my third book — a YA nonfiction project originally code-named “Pasta,” and subsequently referred to as both Impostors and Masqueraders — to be published by Dial
- Socialit: Reports on conferences, workshops, shindigs, and other gatherings of folks in the children’s book business
- Ernie and Whacker: A version of the eulogy I delivered for my grandfather Ernest E. Lewis, and a celebration of my other grandfather, Whacker Barton.
- U.S. History Reading: Book reviews and suggested reading for various periods and themes in American history
- “Waiting to be found”: An interview with children’s author Dianna Hutts Aston about other dream job
- “Why I Want an Agent” Week: The mental inventory I took shortly before the right agent and I finally connected
- What am I working on?: Let’s not forget the ongoing work of researching, writing, and revising manuscripts and trying to market the results.
- What am I waiting for?: And this. There’s lots of this.
Leave A Comment