I find myself in an odd but surely temporary position — one in which there’s no existing project of mine that I need to work on. With my latest revisions on my historical fiction/tall tale hybrid submitted, everything is in someone else’s court.
So, it’s on to something new, and while I know what it is, I don’t know what it is exactly. As in, “middle grade or YA”? I hope I can start to sort that out with some help from the stack of books I brought home yesterday:
- Inexcusable, by Chris Lynch
- The Pepins and Their Problems, by Polly Horvath
- Out of Patience, by Brian Meehl
- Chicken Boy, by Frances O’Roark Dowell
- Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie, by Jordan Sonnenblick
Had I been better prepared for how I’d spend my lunch hour, I’d have consulted the Cybils’ lists of middle-grade and YA finalists. But as it was, I really enjoyed seeing what recent-looking spines on the shelves caught my eye, and which titles I recognized through blogular osmosis.