So, I got tagged by Liz Garton Scanlon, who got tagged by Jennifer Ziegler, who got tagged by Cynthia Leitich Smith, who got tagged by Helen Ginger, who got tagged by David Bowles, who got tagged by Miriam Midkiff, who got tagged by…
- The first CD I ever bought was Terence Trent D’Arby’s Neither Fish Nor Flesh: A Soundtrack of Love, Faith, Hope & Destruction.
- I (furtively) sucked my thumb until I was in 7th grade, when I broke my arm playing football and the cast got in the way.
- I once had a live hawk in the backseat of my Nissan Sentra. The bird had emerged from some brush alongside a busy road, flown right over my hood, and got hit by the car in the lane to my left. In my rearview mirror, I could see the hawk fall, so I turned around and parked in the center lane. It was hurt, but its eyes were intensely alive. As traffic whizzed by on either side of us, my wife and I put the hawk in a cardboard box, and she rode in the backseat with it as we went first to the Humane Society and then to an emergency vet. The vet called us at home that evening to tell us the hawk had died.
- For at least the past 20 years, I’ve had a weird little bluish-black spot just above my right knee, and I have no idea how it got there.
- For Halloween in 1991, my future wife and I dressed as Dan and Marilyn Quayle. She was Dan. We each used our own hair.
Now, I’m tagging you, you, you over there, you and, let’s see… you.