My friend Russ at Egghead Marketing meme’d me with Seven Things You May Not Know About Me. One thing you may not know about me is that it’s my personal policy not to do memes. One thing you probably already have figured out about me, though, is that I do like writing about myself.
So, when a friend, reader, and egghead marketer asks me to write some things about myself, what do I do?
- Send in my check so I can participate in the SCBWI speakers guide to be distributed at TLA
- Write an article for submission to one of the children’s literature journals
- Provide Charlesbridge with suggestions for the activity/discussion guide that they’ll be putting together
- Assemble reading lists of other picture books and middle-grade titles related to elements in Bob and Joe Switzer’s story
- Prepare outlines for the presentations I’ll be offering to schools, libraries, homeschoolers, museums, summer camps, and so forth
- Come up with a fee schedule for those author visits
- Add bookseller links to my website
I know at least seven other folks with new books on the way. Fiona Bayrock (Bubble Homes and Fish Farts), Liz Scanlon (All the World), P.J. Hoover (The Navel of the World), Cynthia Leitich Smith (Eternal), Sam Riddleburger (Stonewall Hinkleman and the Battle of Bull Run), Tanita Davis (Mare’s War), and Grace Lin (Where the Mountain Meets the Moon).
They may want to chime in with what they’re doing to get the word out about those new titles. Or they may be too busy actually doing it. Or they may even be writing…
Leave A Comment